No matter if it is called a «Blisk» (bladed disk) or an «IBR» (integrally bladed rotor), no matter if it is single stage or multi stage, Starrag’s dedicated machine concept of the NB 151 provides the best solution for efficiently machining of these parts. Blisks made from Titanium, Nickel-based superalloys and the Blisks made of blade steels for stationary gas turbines triggered the development of the NB 151. The challenges posed by the thin, unstable airfoils are easily met by the new productive manufacturing approaches that Starrag provides. For all the necessary manufacturing operations Starrag provides the benchmark: Efficient roughing for Blisks machined from solid, adaptive machining for friction welded Blisks, high dynamic finishing of the airfoils in point contact. Shortest cycle times and zero scrap rate production are what the Starrag NB 151 stands for. The NB 151 is based on the very successful Starrag LX series.
- Optimized kinematic concept
- Expansion of the spindle through thermal drift or centrifugal forces is constantly measured and compensated for by direct measurement
- The effects of machine displacements due to thermal drift can be corrected directly on the workpiece
- Non-machining time («air cut») on forged blanks is eliminated
- Adaptive machining of blade edges and snubbers on precision-forged blades that blend seamlessly to the finished airfoil